About Our Award-Winning Attorneys
When residents of the Springfield area and throughout Missouri struggle with serious criminal matters, they turn to the award-winning attorneys at Wampler & Passanise for legal assistance. For decades, our criminal defense firm has provided zealous representation to adults and juveniles charged with misdemeanor and felony offenses.
We believe your goals and opportunities shouldn’t be held hostage by one mistake. You can rely on us to pursue all legal options as we work to protect your future.
To learn more about our attorneys’ legal qualifications and backgrounds:
- Joseph Passanise
- Taylon Sumners
Recognized Nationwide For High-Quality Counsel
Wampler & Passanise is one of the Midwest’s leading criminal defense firms with decades of combined litigation experience. A key difference for the firm is its cross-functional team approach and experience in the courtroom. Managing Partner Joseph S. Passanise and Associate Attorney Taylon Sumners represent adults and juveniles facing serious criminal allegations.
Joseph S. Passanise
- Fellow, American Board of Criminal Lawyers (ABCL)
- Selected for inclusion to Super Lawyers, Missouri and Kansas, 2006-2023
- Charles M Shaw Award (2013) and Lon O. Hocker Trial Advocacy Recipient (2002)
- Sustaining Member, National College for DUI Defense
- Best Lawyer recognition 2007 – Present
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers (2007 to present)
- Appointed to Missouri Tourism Commission by Governor Mike Parson 2020
- Appointed to the Senate Redistricting Commission 2021
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Criminal Defense: White Collar 2023
- Missouri Lawyers Up and Coming Recognition 2022
- Top 10 Under 40 in Missouri by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Board Service: Go Red for Women Event, Greene County Historical Sites Commission
Committed To The Community
Longtime residents of the area, Joe and Taylon work to better the community. They deliver speeches at churches, colleges and professional organizations, discussing social justice and safe practices. Joe volunteers his time at the Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ozarks and the Theta Chi Iota Beta alumni board of directors. Taylon serves on the boards for the American Heart Association Go Red for Women and the Greene County Historical Sites Commission.Our lawyers view their profession as their vocation, striving to improve lives in and out of the criminal justice system. Their experience and local insight can give you an advantage when you are grappling with a challenging legal issue.
Learn More About Our Team
Connect with one of our knowledgeable lawyers to discuss your concerns and your options today. You can reach our Springfield office online or at 417-882-9300.