About Our Award-Winning Attorneys
When residents in the Springfield area and throughout Missouri are struggling with serious criminal matters, they turn to our award-winning lawyers at Wampler & Passanise. For over 20 years, our criminal defense firm has provided zealous representation to adults and juveniles charged with misdemeanor and felony offenses.
We believe your goals and opportunities shouldn’t be held hostage by one mistake. You can rely on us to pursue all legal options as we work to protect your future.
To learn more about our attorneys’ legal qualifications and backgrounds, follow these links:
Recognized Nationwide For High-Quality Counsel
With over 70 years of legal experience, Dee Wampler and Joe Passanise have a deep understanding of state and federal criminal laws. They have successfully represented individuals in a range of matters spanning DWI violations to white collar criminal charges to drug offenses and other serious violations. Trial-tested, they provide high-quality advocacy in municipal, state and federal courts.
Both attorney Wampler and attorney Passanise are regularly commended by local and nationally recognized organizations. These are just a few of the recent honors they have received:
- Selected for inclusion to the Super Lawyers list in Kansas and Missouri, from 2005 to 2019
- Assigned Emeritus Status Notification by the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers in 2017
- Recognized as Senior Counselor by the Missouri Bar Association in 2015
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers of the Ozarks
- Lifetime Achievement, America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers, awarded 2007-present
- Selected for inclusion to the Super Lawyers list in Missouri and Kansas from 2006 to 2019
- 2018 Lawyer of the Year, Missouri Criminal Defense for white collar defense
Committed To The Community
Longtime residents of the area, Dee and Joe work to better the community. They deliver speeches at churches, colleges and professional organizations, discussing social justice and safe practices. Dee is an active member on the Springfield Symphony Board and the Springfield Crime Stoppers Board. Joe volunteers his time at the Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ozarks and the Theta Chi Iota Beta alumni board of directors.
Our lawyers view their profession as their vocation, striving to improve lives in and out of the criminal justice system. Their experience and local insight can give you an advantage when you are grappling with a challenging legal issue.